An Ada County jury has returned a decision in the defamation case involving St. Luke’s Hospital, Ammon Bundy, and Diego Rodriguez.
From the Special Verdict Form obtained from Ada County and shown below, a combined total of $52.5 million was awarded to the plaintiffs. Each of the defendants named in the lawsuit owes various amounts to each of the plaintiffs. The nine-page document breaks down the amount the jury decided was owed to each plaintiff by each defendant. The report also shows how many jurors of the twelve agreed with each decision.
The list of plaintiffs in the case include: ST. LUKE’S REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER LTD., [St. Luke’s CEO] CHRIS ROTH, an individual, NATASHA D. ERICKSON, MD, an individual; and TRACY W. JUNGMAN, NP an individual.
The list of defendants in the case include: AMMON BUNDY, an individual; AMMON BUNDY FOR GOVERNOR, a political organization; DIEGO RODRIGUEZ, an individual; FREEDOM MAN PRESS LLC, a limited liability company; FREEDOM MANPAC, a registered political action committee; and PEOPLE’S RIGHTS NETWORK, a political organization and an unincorporated association.Adobe Scan Jul 27, 2023
Also obtained by the Idaho Dispatch from the Ada County court is a document dated yesterday entitled Supplemental Brief Re: Injunctive Relief. This details a request by the plaintiffs for the court to take additional action to stop the defendants from speaking about the plaintiffs in the future. It explains,
“This Court has ample basis and legal authority to enter the requested injunction against Defendants, requiring they remove from websites they control defamatory statements, photos of Plaintiffs, Plaintiffs’ contact information, and Plaintiffs’ personal information. The permanent injunction should also prohibit the republication of such statements, photos, and information.”
It describes and includes speech that should be disallowed according to the plaintiffs, including statements, online posts, and dissemination of information:
“The Fourth Amended Complaint seeks (among other things) permanent injunctive relief requiring the Defendants:
(1) to cease posting and disseminating defamatory statements against the St. Luke’s Parties;
(2) to cease making statements that the St. Luke’s Parties are criminals and/or participate in the kidnapping, trafficking, sexual or any other abuse, and/or killing of children;
(3) to remove from all online locations Defendants have authority to do so any and all statements that the St. Luke’s Parties are criminals and/or participating in the kidnapping, trafficking, sexual or any other abuse, and/or killing of children;
(4) to cease disseminating and encouraging others to disseminate the contact information, personal information, and images of Mr. Roth, Dr. Erickson, and NP Jungman; and
(5) to remove from all online locations Defendants have authority to do so the contact information, personal information, and/or images of Mr. Roth, Dr. Erickson, and NP Jungman.”Advertisement
The entire document can be viewed here.Adobe Scan Jul 27, 2023 (1)
Tags: Ada County Court, Ammon Bundy, Ammon Bundy for Governor, Baby Cyrus, Chris Roth, Diego Rodriguez, Erik Stidham, Freedom Man PAC, Holland and Hart, Lynn Norton, Nancy Baskin, Natasha Erickson, Save Baby Cyrus, St. Luke's Hospital, Tracy Jungman