The following Press Release was sent out by Governor Brad Little. Note: Press Releases sent out by elected officials do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of those at the Idaho Dispatch.
Boise, Idaho – The Cato Institute released its annual Freedom in the 50 States report, an index of personal and economic freedom, and Idaho scored top spots on a number of the rankings.
“There is a reason this sought-after report says Idaho is one of the most economically and socially conservative states in the country. Idaho prides itself on minimizing the role of government in the lives of citizens and in the operation of businesses,” Governor Brad Little said.
Among the freedom rankings:
- Idaho is a top 10 state for Overall Freedom
- Idaho is a top 10 state for Overall Economic Freedom
- Idaho is a top 10 state for Overall Regulatory Policy Freedom
- Idaho is a top 10 state for Gun Rights
- Idaho is a top 10 state for Occupational Freedom
- Idaho is a top 10 state for Health Insurance Freedom
The map of all 50 states’ rankings can be found at https://www.freedominthe50states.org/.
# # #
Tags: Brad Little, Cato Institute, Freedom, Idaho