The following Press Release was sent out by Carl Berglund, candidate for Latah County Commissioner, District 3. Note: Press Releases sent out by candidates do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of those at the Idaho Dispatch.
Latah County citizens deserve the opportunity to elect a commissioner who will relentlessly:
- Advocate for fiscal responsibility and transparency to the people we represent.
- Champion free enterprise and individual initiative to stimulate opportunity, economic growth and prosperity
- Promote responsible stewardship of our natural resources and land use.
- Partner with our State Representatives to improve transportation systems and promote local property tax relief.
- Listen to the concerns and opinions of Latah citizens regarding governance.
Carl grew up in Latah County graduating from Deary High School in 1979. During those high school years he worked for his step-dad who was an independent logger out of Helmer, Idaho. Carl enlisted in the United States Navy when he was18 years old and, having served 9 years as a nuclear power plant components welder, was honorably discharged.
He began his civilian career in industrial construction and worked his way up into management in mining, construction and deep water drilling.
Serving in management positions with budgets ranging from 10-200 million dollars
As an Idaho businessman and proud citizen, Carl has been actively in pursuit of a prosperous Idaho his entire adult life.
Carl has served as the Vice-Chair of the Idaho Constitution Party, Chairman for the Latah Republican Liberty Caucus, District 5 Republican Vice Chair as well as District 5 House candidate in the 2016 election cycle.
Carl currently works as a consultant in the resource extraction, power, and technology industries.
He lives in Kendrick with his wife Juley and 2 of their 7 children. He enjoys hunting, and horses and is looking forward to teaching his grandkids how to drive the lawn tractor this spring.