Lt. Governor Janice McGeachin has responded to the debate challenge by fellow Republican challenger Ed Humphreys.
Humphreys did a “Christmas Challenge” where he said one donor would donate $10,000 to charity if McGeachin would debate him in a debate moderated by 580 KIDO radio host Kevin Miller. When Humphreys sent Idaho Dispatch the Press Release regarding the debate, he said that donors had upped the amount to $25,000.
Earlier today, McGeachin responded to Humphreys with a social media post with the title, “A gubernatorial debate without Brad Little is a political stunt.”
The post goes on to say (emphasis added by the McGeachin campaign),
“Janice is laser focused on beating RINO Brad Little. Our campaign has internal polling to suggest Janice is the clear front-runner amongst conservatives and is the only one with a path to victory.
In fact, our polling shows Ammon (3%) and Ed (1%) combined only garner 4% support.Advertisement
These poll results were even before the Huge Trump Endorsement for Janice.
We encourage these gentlemen to help unify the conservative voice and rally behind our campaign to restore freedom and liberty in Idaho.
What do you think of the debate challenge from Humphreys?Advertisement
Should McGeachin accept the debate, or was she right to turn it down if it does not include Governor Brad Little? It should be noted that Little has not officially announced a re-election bid.
Let us know what you think in the comment section below.
Tags: Brad Little, Debate, Ed Humphreys, Janice McGeachin, Kevin Miller